Our client, a global energy leading is looking for a technical lead to drive their power market analysis team. The business is keen to grow a strong team, and this person will need to bring a high degree of technical expertise and best practice to a highly critical role in T&S’s Shell Energy, helping realise the vision of building a world-class forecasting capability in house.
Although all new development is to be in Python, PowerBI and React.JS, the existing landscape is mostly in .NET, Blazor and Spotfire, and so this role is also to define what needs to be rebuilt, what can stay, and over what timescales.
The successful candidate will need:
– Strong knowledge of both Python and .NET, and experience with react.js
– Experience establishing development best practices within a complex and fast paced environment – CI/CD, testing, container management, SCA etc.
– Experience designing and developing distributed applications such as liner solvers and modelling – the exact technology stack is less important than an involvement in designing the approach
– strong experience with Azure components and infrastructure management (devops)
– must be willing and capable of mentoring and developing others
– experience with fundamental modelling of commodities, ideally energy (power, gas, environmental products), and with meterology, would make the top candidates stand out