A world leading energy trading company has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Architect with Data Engineering experience to assist in designing and directing of a build for a Microsoft Azure data platform.
This is an amazing role with a globally recognised company which offers excellent long term benefits.
Rate: £500 – £700
Duration: 12 months initially
Based within a trading team the platform is the base for the delivery of data and analytics for a variety of business workstreams. You will be working closely with ETRM experts, architecture teams and the business to create a detailed technical design for the end to end solutions. It will include hands on work to prove the implementation is feasible and then ideally to turn into the technical lead for the delivery of the solutions. The role will report to the data platform technical lead.
The key focus for this role is the extracting, transforming and loading of data from an existing ETRM system into a solution that can run calculations, display data and provide drill down capabilities for the users.
Key skills and experience
* Experience of designing, building and operating Azure data solutions; Data Lakes, Factory, Functions.
* Ability to work with the business and solutions to translate requirements into technical designs.
* VSTS/Azure DevOps experience for repository, build/deploy pipelines and work item management.
* Understand technical best practices for solutions delivery including effective testing approaches.
* Experience working within a trading environment, preferably with energy trading.
* Building scalable analytic and transforming processes with Spare/Data Bricks.
* Experience with ETRM systems and data models.
* Data Visualisation tools and technologies.
* Experience working with offshore teams.
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.