Solution Data Architect : Azure
Azure Solution Data Architect : World Leading Energy Co.
A World Leading Energy Company has an exciting position for an Azure Solution Data Architect to develop data models and other artefacts plus influence design decisions throughout the software development lifecycle.
Key deliverables include the Solution Architecture High Level Design covering all necessary data models, matrices, diagrams, controls, and architectural guidance to detail the solution’s data design and enable its physical implementation.
The Solution Data Architect will need to collaborate with the Segment Data Architect to understand the bigger picture driving the segment, leverage and contribute towards Enterprise artefacts, and deliver in accordance to the strategic guidance and enterprise standards.
The role requires a hands-on approach to data design including specialist knowledge of technologies involved in the implementation of data-based solutions.
• Works with Business Analysts, Data Analysts, and Business SME’s to determine the solutions data scope by understanding the business data requirements driving the solution.
• Works with the Solution Architect to design the end-to-end solution data flows (e.g. API’s) sourcing data from architecturally approved sources (masters) and highlighting any gaps.
• Works with Analysts, SME’s and Architects to assess data sources and their suitability for the solution. This includes profiling data to infer and communicate pertinent facts about users, systems and data quality from the data sets.
• Works with Process Architect and Business Analysts to understand the relevant business processes, and document relationship between process and data to ensure we know what roles create, update, consume and delete data throughout its lifecycle, both as-is and to-be.
• Ensures all applicable data policies (segregation of duties, business controls, data access controls, legislation, etc.) are understood and adhered to. Proactively designs to meet these requirements.
• Drives and manages the development (and maintenance) of all solution data architecture metadata using Enterprise Tooling and exposing metadata via Data Catalogues.
• Works across teams to identify existing data designs, patterns, tools or techniques that may facilitate or expedite delivery.
• Ensures solution data architecture artifacts are created in accordance to data architecture standards.
• Works with Segment Data Architect to align on the bigger picture driving the Segment.
Skills & Requirements:
• Experience of designing Data and Analytics platforms using Azure PaaS services such as ADLS, ADF, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse, Azure Analysis Services in a must.
• Experience of working on Data Cataloguing tools
• Experience of working with iPaaS such as MuleSoft and data design principles in API implementation seen as beneficial
• Deep understanding and experience of big data design patterns is a must • Mastery of core Data Architecture skills including: Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data Modelling (ERD, Dimensional), Data Warehouse Design (Kimball, Inmon), Big Data Design (Lambda, Kappa), Data Lifecycle management, Master Data Management & implementation patterns, Data Integration patterns and methods.
• Mastery of technologies involved in data management is required (database management systems, data services, data lakes, etc.).
• Mastery of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (TOGAF) and application thereof.
• Mastery of Data Architecture and Enterprise Architecture tooling such as PowerDesigner and BiZZdesign.