Power BI Developer : React, DevOps : Global Energy Company
Recently the business has developed a Robbery Investigation APP in Microsoft Power APPs which gathers much needed data on the risk and threat of robberies.
Now that a process for sustainable data collection is in place, the next step is to develop and deliver a Power BI Dashboard to create reports and visualize data from the investigation APP.
• Drives clarification of requirements for reports
• Integrates business specific needs from a technical solution design perspective and delivers effort estimates for those solutions
• Contributes to the development of the Functional Specs from a technical design perspective
• Develops reports/visualizations based on technical solution design
• Perform Prototyping and POC in support of requirements definition or technical design questions
• Execute Unit Test
• Resolve defects during test cycles and hyper care
• Preferably an education at degree level (MSc, BSc, or an equivalent professional qualification) in Business Administration, IT, Computer Science, Engineering or related disciplines
• 3-5 years of experience with reporting/visualization tools
• Knowledge and experience in the following reporting/visualization/analytics tools – Power BI is a must
• Data procurement strategies – DB, Cached/import mode (applications, features and drawbacks)
• Configure/integrate security both at tool and DB level respectively
• Performance tuning (pushdown logic, calculated columns and measures, data loading strategies, filtering data, variables)
• Development of visualizations (Bar Chart, Line Chart, Scatter Plot, bookmarks, report interfaces, themes)
• Knowledge of Cloud technologies and SQL is preferred
• Experience setting up data connections, mobility, writing functions and using advanced features like ESRI, NLP, scripting, R & python etc. is preferred
• Knowledge of upcoming trends in technology
• Confident communicator, able to express your ideas and convey complicated concepts simply.
– Must be an Expert at PowerBI
– Must have React JS
– Would be very helpful to have experience working in a DevOps environment