World Leading Global Energy Oil Company has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Data Engineer to join a front office data and analytics development team.
About the role:
This will be a fast-paced and dynamic environment where the needs will be changing on a frequent basis.
You will have a passion for data, a proven track record as a Data Engineer, a flexible mindset and experience working within commodity trading.
The role of Lead Data Engineer will be to provide guidance and direction to the small team of Data Engineers tasked to implement data warehouses and data lakes, build the processes, pipelines, and services that move data through the ecosystem and make it accessible to data consumers, including some visualisations for end-users.
The role will also require the candidate to be hands-on with the data engineering development, executing tasks from the backlog and demonstrating best practice. It will include ensuring solutions are scalable and reliable that meet varying business requirements and ensure reliability, efficiency and quality of data.
The role is part of a DevOps team so there is an expectation that it will involve designing, building, testing and releasing solutions, end-to-end, independently as well as guiding other team members.
Key Skills and Experience:
– Previous data engineering experience (3-4 years)
– Experience with Microsoft Azure
– Flexibility on tools inc: Alteryx, Data Factory, Databricks, SQL, Python
– Data modelling/data warehousing solutions
– Data visualisation tools and technologies
– Experience with API
– Familiar with DevOps approach, SharePoint, VSTS
– Adaptable to change, versatile and pragmatic
– Uses best practice development techniques but can change approach according to conflicting timelines/risks involved
– Comfortable talking to trading business users and can translate business needs into tangible IT deliverables
– Keeps up-to-date knowledge with recent IT software developments (open source and cloud in particular)
– Uses initiative and owns end-to-end solution delivery
– Brings creative and innovative ideas to the table, is inquisitive and excited by new technology
– Proactively communicates and shares understanding and experience within a team used to working in a flexible, independent manner on a mixture of small unstructured and large structured items
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.