World Leading Energy Co are looking for a talented IT Business Analyst to work within the Aligne Team in the Energy Trading space in the downstream side of the business. The team comprises of business analysts, data engineers and developers split between London and Bangalore delivering both custom built and vendor supplied applications to the trading business. The role may be part of an IT project development environment or an individual contributor at the business interface. The Business Analyst is primarily responsible for identifying and documenting business requirements and working with technical teams to determine feasible solution options.
Skills and experience:
– Proficient in operational activities and business strategy.
– Understands the industry and business positioning among competitors.
– Identifies the main stakeholders. Gaining proficiency in stakeholder management activities.
– Attends local/regional & global IT BA meetings and webcasts.
– Utilizes best practices and provides feedback on existing processes.
– Participates in industry IT BA related activities such as IIBA webcasts and/or chapter meetings. Dimensions: Individual contributor delivering through IT suppliers
– Understands BA knowledge areas and developing proficiency in the BA knowledge areas.
– Understands PBA Domains & developing proficiency in the 5 PBA Domains.
– Understands organizational dynamics.
– Good understanding of Aligne as a tool.
– Good understanding of ETRM as a domain overall.
– Has knowledge of IT Business Analysis, the technology involved and current developments.
– Prior experience within commodities trading is preferred.